Saturday, February 23, 2008

Lidge Gets Hurt


According to the National Post, Phillies closer Brad Lidge injured his right knee on Saturday. He reportedly caught his spike on the mound and injured it, Phillies pitching coach Rich Dubee played it down saying :"It's pretty soon to know what's going on in there," he said. "We'll know more on Sunday. He'll get looked at by our doctors in the morning and we'll have a better idea where we're at and what we have to do." Lidge seemed optimistic saying : "It was my push-off leg," Lidge was quoted on the team's website. "I just caught the spike. I threw the pitch but it felt like I pulled something in the knee. It didn't feel real good after that. Because of where we are in spring training, there's no reason for me to push it. It swelled up a little, but I'm optimistic I just pulled some scar tissue or something. We'll take a look at it (on Sunday) and be smart with it."

I for one have a couple personal opinions on this, while it will be good for the Mets since Lidge could be a very good closer, I would love nothing better than for the Mets to sweep the Phillies while the Phillies are at full strength just to shut those front runners up.

No comments: